Thursday, 12 December 2013

2013 - Room 17.

Dear Room 17,

Wow, what an amazing year it has been.  We have achieved so much together.  There is so much I have learnt from you - I hope you can say the same about me!
A few things I have learnt this year:
- You need to stop and listen to the cricket!- thanks Dan
- There are never too many questions - thanks Thea
- The last word isn't always the right word! - is it Ethan?
- Big blue eyes aren't always as innocent as they seem- are they Johnny and Dylan?
- I still sing the best rendition of "Happy Birthday" ever- I don't care what you think!
- Books about Grannies are funny, especially if they have Alzheimer's -come and have a laugh with me when mine develops!
-There is no such thing as too much maths and even if we will never know enough strategies we can always argue the answer and change it if we need to! (as long as no one is looking).  Thank you my maths buddies- you are an inspiration.
- Always carry a hatchet - you never know when you'll need one of those!
- Kids need PE as much as teachers need kids outside!
- Alaska v's New Zealand- Bribery does pay off.
- The best way to learn your spelling is a doodle!
- I'm not as good at art as I think I am - thanks for your honesty!
and if all else fails - get Kharn to google it!

We have laughed together, danced together, talked together, camped together, cooked together, worked together, filmed together, learnt together and some of us even built an igloo together!  We have had our moments - good and ugly!  You have taught me to listen to things that aren't spoken and to teach without talking (so much!).  Thank you Room 17 for a thoroughly enjoyable year.  Remember - your expectations can never be too high in yourself and others.  Surround yourself with good people and expect nothing but the best - you deserve it!

Laugh lots, take care and stay in touch,
Mrs Roil.

P.S.  Still waiting for my flat white - Heith!

No comments:

Post a Comment